Friday, June 27, 2008

Transplant Complete!

Sorry about the late post, but today's transplant was a bit of a cluster f**k. We had a new nurse who was being trained by a veteran, and Greg and I were the only two who seemed to know what to do. WE told THEM what the premeds were supposed to be, then she didn't have the right equipment & enough supplies. We both watched them like a hawk. Good thing SOMEONE knew what the hell was going on. But, all the cells eventually got in & he's done. Now we just spend the next 2 weeks or so waiting for his blood counts to improve.

Thanks for all the great comments. Francis: can you send that cow? Ian: He IS Lex Luther and after this is over he's going to take over the world! Carolyn: Can't you keep those people in line? I'll be back as soon as I can. There seems to be some horrible imbalance in the Universe. Daniel: I'm glad to see you're your usual, sunshiny self. Always so cheery to hear from you!

Other than that, not too much to report. Overall, Greg still feels fine (altho that doesn't stop the docs from coming in, asking him how he feels, then billing for a level 3 visit). He's starting to feel a few symptoms of the chemo, most notably in the nether regions of his GI tract (I'll let you imagine the rest). We'll get to see Matthew this weekend (he can even visit Dad if he (Matthew) passes the "medical exam") but Eric couldn't get anyone to switch with him from work, so he won't be able to make it. Bummer.

So, keep those comments coming & have a great weekend!

Love,

Us

6 comments:

Francis and Cindy said...

Hey, I am the first one this time!

Ann, The cow is on its way. Since it is too expensive to drive, it will walk. Past experience has indicated that a long distance walking will turn this cow’s brandy into Margaritas and the cow will start speaking in tongues (in Spanish)! Do you still want it?

Keep up the good progress!

Francis

Ann said...

Franci -- In that case, send two!

Judy said...

Okay, between the amount of college years the two of you have, if you guys CAN'T figure out something as easy as a little old bone marrow transplant, there truly is something wrong with America's education system. You are both Doctors correct? I am not a doctor of course but I will be staying at a Holiday Inn next weekend, so if you do have any more 'glitches' feel free to call me. Oh, now don't either of YOU guys get to bill the insurance company for you expertise?

Happy that you get to hug the little redheaded kid but I know for a fact, Eric never tried to switch! BIG PARTY IN NIXA THIS WEEKEND!!! I hear Francis sent him some sort of cow......

Aloha and Hugs!!!

Me and Them

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann and Greg. I'm glad things are going well. We are sending up lots of prayers. Brian says hello, and says he wants Greg to get back to Springfield so he can spend more money at the shop. Just kidding -- he didn't say that. I just thought it would make Greg smile. No, really, we are both praying for good things to come your way. Take care! Leesa and Brian W.

marilyn said...

Hi Greg, You don't know me, but I'm a friend of Judy's. I've been following your story and just wanted to say hang in there and I wish you the very best, especially some fast improvement in those counts. And I don't know the story behind all the cow comments, but our Relay for Life Team last month was "Cows for Cause" and I'd be happy to send you some pictures:) Be strong!
--Marilyn in California

Judy said...

Great to 'see' you Marilyn! I'll explain about the cow later~ :-) It slipped my mind that you guys were Cows for Cause! And I think I did email A & G those pics, I'm pretty sure I did.

Oh and in case anybody was wondering about that cute family, the little guy is Jimmy and he's my new boyfriend!~ just don't tell Mark. He hails from Ankang, same as FeiFei- or Anna Kate.

Thanks for all your support Marilyn!

Hugs,
Judy