Monday, June 9, 2008

Transplant 2.0

Sounds like a new version of software.

The good news this a.m. is, that with the stem cells collected Friday, Greg now has a Grand Total of 2.0 units! The nurse told him its in 12 bags, so, because of volume issues, they have to give it back to him over 3 days. I have no idea what this means in terms of risk or complications, but we see the doctor on the 17th, so we'll find out then.

We will also find out then when his new admission date is. "Possibly" the 23rd, is what we're being told, but it depends on Greg's health. Since he feels good now, and isn't experiencing any major problems, we're betting on admission the 23rd. So, I'm going to go ahead & start arranging child care assuming we're going that date. I've heard from Judy and Debbie on possible dates they're available, and sent an e-mail to Skibby. I'll start calling people tonight & throughout the week to begin making a schedule.

Greg got home Friday night, & we've spent the weekend eating, sleeping and playing, pretty much. Its great having him home.

Again, we can't thank you all enough for your thoughts, prayers, good wishes, mojo, karma & everything else you all did for us and continue to do for us. We really couldn't be getting through this without the support of such wonderful family and friends (and a whole bunch of people we haven't even met!). I won't be posting as often now that Greg is home & just resting, but I do have pics of his "final haircut" when I shaved the last bit of fuzz from his head, which I'll try to post in a day or two. I'll post after our visit to the doc on the 17th, & then try to post daily when he's admitted in St. L.

Thanks again to all!

Love,

Us

5 comments:

Judy said...

Yippee!!!!!!

I love being first. Would have posted sooner but I'm looking for plans for the ARK (rumor has it we're supposed to get it again this evening! :-(

I'm still figuring on being there over the 4th-if that works.... if Matthew wants to do the parade in the neighborhood, he & Leah could go as the All-American Harley couple!

I will talk to you tonight....

ONE more day of school..... help...

The Bobs said...

What about all the banana meals??!! Still waiting for the recipes....
Yep....had a wet basement....
Love,
db

Francis and Cindy said...

The big guy upstairs told me He understands Chinese prayers just fine (Greg, yes, I was talking to Him and I don’t have a DSM-IV-TR diagnosis!), except He said I have an accent! Those Southern drawl is hard to shake! By the way, He forgot to turn off the faucet; it has been wet, very wet in HK!
Francis

Francis and Cindy said...

Ok, you all, just remember, you're getting all the water and we have none. Can't wait to get to St. Louis and experience the steam! How is it I managed to pick the one week you all won't be here?
Cindy

Andy said...

It sounds like you got some pretty good doctors.......Very Pro-active.

Greg: You are the "Man". Ann: You are "The Woman".

I don't pray like the Catholics taught me but I talk to God/Jesus and I ask him to take care of you guys. Lynn does too.

God listens to Lynn more than me, but I spend more time on the internet. My point is that Lynn doesn't read this stuff but I tell her what is going on and she prays better than me.....

You go guy........

signed:

The other man.