Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The View from our Window


Nice, huh?
Yesterday about 3 p.m. we got the word to pack up -- Greg was being moved to another unit. So much for our nice view. We've been moved to the low rent district. They moved him upstairs to the Transplant Support Unit. That's actually good news, because only people who are doing well get moved. They moved 4 of us yesterday. There are 4 new MUD patients coming in & they had to make room. Its amazing how much crap you can accumulate in 3 weeks, even in a tiny hospital room. I took a bunch of stuff we weren't using to the car. So, anyone coming to visit, call first. We're only one floor up from where we were.
Greg is feeling pretty good. He's still really tired & has no appetite though. I think that's a normal side effect of all the meds. We were notified that his Tacro levels were well within normal limits yesterday, and they've discontinued the IV and started giving it to him orally. So I guess he doesn't get to rename the hospital. I've already spent the settlement money on Home Shopping Network. You can never have too many Salad Shooters. But, the best news so far is the ANC is up to 880 as of last night. Remember, the "magic number" is 1500. More than halfway there! The nurse just drew today's labs, so we won't know today's number until about 7 or 8 tonight. But we're on the right track.
I got my package from the office yesterday. Thanks to all for the good wishes. Ian: Greg's looking into your suggestion. MML: I told Greg I hope you win an award at the fair for your cookies. He said, "I don't care, I just want her to make me some cookies." Susan & Deb: Maybe we could put a team together when I get back? I bet there's lots of readers here who'd make great roller derby players. (I'll refrain from naming names.) Should be about as successful as the water polo team my office was trying to put together during the Olympics.
Special wishes go to Vicki who has a houseful of relatives from Sweden and had emergency gall bladder surgery yesterday. Hope your recovery is fast!
Still hoping to get out of here late this week. Now we just have to figure out how to get a vehicle up here for Greg to drive when I'm gone. I'd hate for him to have to hitch hike back & forth to the clinic.
Thanks to all. Keep the prayers coming!
Love,
Us

3 comments:

Backroads by Lynda the blog said...

Hi from 4K! Greg, we are all just wanting to check in and see how our star patient is doing!!! Looks good from what I am reading. I will pass on the info to the rest of the staff here at home. Take care and we will be checking in on your progress. Nurse Lynda

Andy said...

Nice booring report! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

GOOD TO SEE THINGS ARE GOING WELL! I'M STILL PRAYING FOR A QUICK RECOVERY... LOVE YOU GUYS! - REBECCA