Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Well, since Saturday, Greg has been told an average of 3 times each day he's either being discharged or he's not being discharged. Pack. Unpack. Pack. Unpack. I think they're just trying to mess with him until he needs a psych consult.

Actually, the attending, Dr. Aboud (the one I REALLY dislike), keeps blowing into the room, complaining he needs beds, and telling Greg he's going to discharge him. (Greg's thought: "You needing beds is not MY problem!") So, Greg asks him, what are my lab values today? He hasn't looked at them, or he's looked at yesterday's numbers, or something like that. Then, the internist (who we really like -- she actually answers questions!) comes in a few minutes later & says theres NO WAY he's getting out -- he's still too unstable. Thank God for her.

The latest this a.m. is that his parole has come through, and he's being discharged to the "halfway house" today. (I'll believe it when I see it, but, since Aboud doesn't come in until about 2 p.m., and the internist comes in the a.m., I'm thinking this was her call, so it probably is true.) A number of people have requested the mailing address there. I'll post it as soon as I have it.

His platelets are at 14 (apparently 20 is no longer the cutoff for platelets?), and he feels pretty good. His appetite is still almost non-existent. However, he does crave salads and fresh fruit. He's also retaining a LOT of water. Remember, his stem cell donor is a European female. Coincidence? I think not.......

Anyway, if anything definite happens, you'll read it here first. In the meantime, once again I can't thank everyone enough for the prayers, good wishes and help all have given. We truly couldn't do all of this without you!

Love,

Ann & Greg

2 comments:

Judy said...

What about chocolate? Does he have a secret 'stash' yet? Has he asked "Does this outfit make me look _________ ?" (fill in the blank here)

Is Doctor A a vampire too? Maybe he's a zombie and that's why he's so difficult.

Thnking about yous guys...

Us

Francis said...

To do is to be ~Sartre
To be is to do ~ Aristotle
To be or not to be ~Shakespeare
Do be do be do ~Sinatra
To stay or to go ~Barnes Jewish