Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Improvement

Hi to all. Thanks for the comments. Cindy H: I can't crochet baby Roscoe a sweater, so I'm going to crochet him a pony. Top that! Francis: loved the story. Deb: That's exactly what they've been telling me here.

They draw a blood culture every 24 hours & so far all have been negative. He hit a high of 103 yesterday afternoon & spent the day sleeping. He was feeling pretty misterable. But, at about at 8 p.m. he felt tremendously better. He got up for about 2 hours, and ate for the first time in about 24 hours. His BP got down to 90-something over 40 something at one point, so they've really been pushing the fluids, orally and IV. The "Revenge" keeps rearing its ugly head, but now that its been confirmed that he doesn't have "c-diff" he can have Immodium, which helps.

I stayed the night again last night. His counts remain low, and they probably won't start coming back up until early next week -- so he'll probably feel like this throughout the whole weekend. Last night he got 2 units of whole blood, and they hung 3 IV antibiotics. Needless to say, another sleep-deprived night.

The staff here seems to be on weekend mode, so we just saw the doctor (9:30 a.m Thursday). He's still stumped on the rash thing, & still assures us the rest is all normal. (Easy for him to say.)


On another note, those of you who have been trying to reach me on my cell may have figured out that its been acting possessed all week. Sometimes it rings, somtimes it doesn't, with no rhyme or reason. Well, it appears last night it finally decided to quit alltogether. I can't even seem to turn it on. So, those of you who need me, call on Greg's phone. If I can't get it to work again soon, I guess I'll be ordering a new one: "You may find this strange, but I just want a phone that makes phone calls!" That may be the biggest challenge I face this week.

Other than that, we're just hanging in there. Looking forward to Judy, Mark & the girls coming to visit this weekend. They should have a blast playing with the controls on the bed. Matthew sure did last weekend.

Love to all!

Us

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please read comment from yesterday. Must have just missed this post by seconds.
Love ya
db

Judy said...

RATS!!!!!!!!!!

I commented on yesterday's post. Now I'm cranky. It's all Debbie's fault.

Francis and Cindy said...

Ann

Amanda insists that you must have a phone that flips open, has a full keyboard for texting, and touch screen interface. She feels that the mp3 player would be optional for adults. She is more than willing to send you hers so she can get a new one. (I hope you don't mind a little bling on it)

Would it help Greg if we sent him some travel posters of Mexico so that he can pretend he is on spring break in Mazatlan? Maybe we should through in some tequila? You could sneak it into the IV, the nurses would never know!

Hang in there!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Greg and Ann:

I am so glad that things are looking up! You have been the objects of much prayer for healing and for peace. Let me know if you have any specific needs that require prayer or assistance.

I'm sure that time is flying by with such quality programming as "The History of Dung" to hold you spellbound. I hear that A&E is doing a made-for-TV movie adapting the timeless childrens' classic, "Everybody Poops."

Anyway, you are continually in our thoughts and prayers.

David P.S. Ironically, the word verification was "keviysl" which is an old Russian word for dung.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ann and Greg!

Very happy to hear about the improvement!

We are all sending postive thoughts and prayers your way:)

Love, Mich

P.S. Can I place an order for a crochet pony?

Judy said...

We're on our WAAYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!


Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha