Monday, July 28, 2008

Follow-up Visit

Hey everyone (or anyone, as I don't know if anyone's continuing to read anymore, as I'm not posting regularly!).

Greg went for a follow-up visit to St. Louis on Friday. We had to get up at 4, as the only appointment available was at 9:30 (and he has to have labs drawn and analyzed before meeting with the doctor). Anyway, things are looking good. All of his blood levels have gone up, altho they still are below normal levels. However, his white count, red count, platelets, and ANC haven't been within "normal" ranges for years. The doctor is very pleased with his progress.

He said the fatigue is normal, and could last a good while. As far as work is concerned, Greg is going to try to go back full time next week, and see how it goes. If he has to, he'll cut back to half days, depending on how he feels.

We go back on September 26. Then they'll do a biopsy and skeletal survey (whole body X-ray to check for tumors) to make sure this all worked the way it was supposed to. We don't get those results until about 10 days after. Of course, that appt is at 9:30 a.m. as well. However, I think I finally have Greg talked into going up the night before.

I'll post again if I have any news, but that's about all for now!

Thanks for the continued support!

Love,

Ann

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds excellent!! i was thinking of you guys today because i found multiple myeloma bracelets at the giftshop in the hospital! Im glad things are going so well! Love you guys!

Judy said...

WHAT !!!!

I missed a post to the blog?

Good Heavens, I'm ashamed.....

But hey, I still beat Ian!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, It's Becky... just wanted to say hi.. i was thinking of you all.... I'm a little technologically deficient... as I couldn't figure out where or how to post a comment before... DUH!!!!! Anyhoo... glad to hear things are getting better.. you all have been in my prayers and thoughts.... I was thinking about seeing if you wanted company last weekend for a bit since we took the girls home to new mexico and we were passing by... but i wasn't feeling sooo great and wasn't sure if I was coming down with something... figured it was best not to stop... but I really hope things keep improving and just want to say I love you all... Miss you!