Monday, July 6, 2009

Diagnosis Du Jour

Its Monday morning and I don't have a lot of time, but I'll try to update.

Saturday's diagnosis was GVHD.
Sunday's diagnosis was definitely NOT congestive heart failure, maybe GVHD.
Still no real working theories on what made him lose consciousness, except probably low blood sugar. Don't know if that was a cause or effect.
Definitely maybe some type of infection contributing to all of this.

He's out of ICU now. They moved him in the middle of the night Saturday night. I'm not kidding.

Sadie and Skibby are leaving today. I'm staying in Springfield for a day or two. I plan to head out Wednesday or so. They're trying to get him discharged by the end of the week. He's still weak but is eating now, and actually stood by the side of the bed for a few seconds yesterday.

Thanks to all for the help over the weekend. I really appreciate it. Special thanks to Pam for the treats, Lori for the groceries, and Russ & Todd for trying to figure out my electricity problem.

Please keep the prayers coming. Seems like we always "need them more than ever."

Love,

Ann

4 comments:

Francis said...

Thank you for the update, Ann. Hopefully, food intake and capable medical staff will help Greg improve his situation soon. With bed space being such a premium, I wonder the hospital has a real estate agent on staff! Take care.

Judy said...

If the diagnosis can be "Du Jour", can't you order a diagnosis that you like?

And if you had an electrical problem, why didn't you call Mark? Who knows what he could/would have done this time!

Greg, you need some spinach to get you string! Or liversausage or pizza or... let us know and we'll send you some.

Hugs to all of you, we're thinking and praying all the time,

Us

Judy said...

Rats! THe kids were talking to me when I typed! I meant 'STRENGTH' not string.

... sure wish I hadn't blown all those brain cells!

JS

Lori Roessler said...

Ann,

We in University Hall want you and Greg to know that we think about him daily. Please let him know that we love him and we are praying for him. I love reading your blog to stay up to date.

Lori Roessler