Monday, March 16, 2009

Odds 'n Ends

Nothing much new to report, except the steroid gives Greg "night sweats." Anyone who's ever been through menopause knows what I'm talking about. He had to change clothes and bedding 3 times Saturday night. He says they were better last night.

He's having his PET scan done this week (the one they couldn't do on 3/6 because they screwed up & didn't tell him to stop his medication). Might as well, as long as he's there.

I got home last night. The boys were glad to see me, espcially since I brought ice cream (true, a little bribery never hurts!). AND, I know you'll be impressed: after I fold the 497 towels that are in my dryer, I will have caught up with the laundry! Unfortunately, that only holds for about 48 hours around my house.

Note: If you're ever in the hospital and want to see the doctor right away, just refuse your medication. Works like a charm. This morning, Greg refused the aspirin they tried to give him, as he hasn't started on the Revlimid and the aspirin is to combat the side effects of that. The doc was in within minutes. Got all of our questions answered! Something to keep in mind, if you ever need it.

Dr. DiPersio came in again last night to see Greg. We realized we only ever see him after dark. AND, he works in hematology (BLOOD cancers). Coincidence? I hope so, but think not.....Wasn't able to see if he has fangs or not.

Won't get test results for a few days. PLEASE keep up the prayers (I know you are!). Its probably kind of greedy, but if you could, please ask the Big Guy to let Greg go to Disney at the end of the week. The whole family has been looking forward to it for months. (Oh, and its pre-paid!).

Thats all for now. Will keep you "posted" as always!

Love,

Ann

P.S. Since he started the steroid, his body temp has been 96 point whatever. Too bad we had to waste all that time in Kansas.

Oh, and Sunday morning, as I walked down the hall just on one side (there's two), I noticed 3 empty rooms. Its all about timing. Sigh.

3 comments:

Judy said...

You kids always had great timing...

You know that we are thinking and praying about you guys all the time.

As for the Vampire Doctor, see if he has a relection in the mirror when he walks by. OR have Greg order some Italian food with LOTS of garlic-I know how much he likes it too! and see what happens. I will be whittling Greg a pointy stick...

It's 65-ish here but I still know of 2 snowpiles that haven't given up and melted yet.

Love you guys,

Me, Him and Them

PS> did we ever decide if we could use the blog word verification words in scrabble? It does say 'word verification', and the internet doesn't lie does it?

Francis said...

What vampire doctor ? My kids have been wasting all of their homework and study time on reading this Twilight saga on teenage vampires. Kids! How come they never know reading is not the same as studying and studying does not always require reading! Well, what do I know, I don't read and I don't study!

By the way, I am on hold for 1-800-Big-Guy. The Pope is the only one caller ahead of me. It asks me whether I want to participate in a survey after the call…

Andy said...

I love you all with all my heart. I really pray every night for you and I know He's listening, I just don't understand His will in all of this. This vampire guy, Dr. DiP, You won't have to worry about him much longer because it is starting to stay lighter out a lot longer. Just be patient.....oh, sorry Greg, you already are. Just make sure you keep the blinds open at all times during the day. Thanks for keeping us posted. I really, really, really love you. BIG hugs and kisses, Lynn