Thursday, May 7, 2009

Quick Update

I'm having major Internet connection issues for some reason, so I'll try to be quick before I get kicked off again. (When that happens, I can't reconnect unless I completely reboot the computer). I think its because he's on the courtyard side of the building. I've moved over to the family lounge, and things seem to be a little better.

They've taken him off most of the meds relating to heart rate and diabetes. Still giving him the antibiotics. BP is normal again (it had been very low). Kidney function is normal. Temp is normal. Heart rate, altho still a little high, is much better. Shoulder/upper chest pain is probably worse. However, they actually care about that here and are trying to find the source/problem. He just went down to X-ray for more pictures. I told him to smile nice.

Its a little early to be talking discharge (he hasn't even been here 24 hours), but if I were a betting person (which I am), I'd bet he's home sometime this weekend. Let's hope.

Meanwhile, we're working on getting all the stuff done he was supposed to be doing outpatient today and tomorrow anyway (I COULD be staying in a nice comfy hotel with room service and a full bar right now instead of urban camping -- Greg really knows how to show me a good time!). We've only seen one doctor so far today, and she really needs to switch to decaf, so I'm not really sure what her plan is. (It was like that episode of Star Trek where the aliens moved so fast, no one could see them.) The docs will staff his case later this a.m., and we'll see the attending oncologist at some point late today.

Matthew says he's having a great time with Riley (I assume with Kris, Jim & Jacob too), and Eric actually bought fruit and milk! (And $40 worth of frozen pizza).

Greg and I really enjoy the comments & he sends his love & thanks to all. Joan, tell Ivan to save him some beer. Francis, I know you know everyone, but this surpasses even my expectations! Sally, thanks for your kind words. Debbie, tell Larisa that if she names the baby "Ann" I'll mention her (the baby) in my will. Larisa: if you read this, try drinking orange juice. I heard somewhere that can put you into labor. I told your mom this the other day, but she said she wasn't going to tell you that.

We're just trying to keep our sense of humor, since so much of this is totally out of our control (and we're both control freaks, to some extent.)

I think (hope?!?) he'll be home soon. That's only because I really overpacked. (No trip to Target for new socks & underwear this time!) Had I not, they'd keep him longer. I'll try to blog more later, but we probably won't know any more until later this evening or maybe even the morning.

Love to all,

Greg & Ann

4 comments:

Francis said...

Greg, Ann, Eric, Matthew, and the Big Guy… Yes, I do know many amazing and powerful people! By the way, the Big Guy’s assistant got on the phone and told me I need to be on hold again because some powerful lawyer just called in from St. Louis!

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed - I'd do my eyes, but it makes it really hard to type! Of course we're all thinking of you guys here and sending lots of love your way, along with a whole buncha prayers.

Hang in there, keep your chin up, keep on truckin'...etc.!

Kim C.

Judy said...

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Us

~on a really off note, Ann what is your favorite record ALBUM, not CD, ALBUM.....

Judy said...

I forgot!

Gerri and Tom Losiniecki say "Hello" and they will be saying prayers for you. Saw her at work-we were both surprised~especially me as I hadn't seen her in 30 years! LOL!!!

me