Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Update

OK, its 10:30-ish, and it looks like discharge is a go. We had a little scare this morning, when they took his temp and it was 100.7. But, they took it again 10 minutes later, and he was normal. I told him to cut that out.

We can't leave for a little while, as they just gave him Lassix, and he's not getting into MY car until that does its magic. Also, Dr. NeedsDecaf hasn't done the paperwork yet.

Dr. Vij stopped by last night, so we won't need to see him today. As far as he's concerned, the transplant is still on schedule. He says its "now or never." I hear that they're collecting the cells from the donor as we speak.

No word yet on whether they're going to continue with the Velcade until transplant, or just give him the next few weeks off. Also, no word on discharge meds, or clinic appointments. I know he'll need plateletes tomorrow, as he technically needs them now, but there's a shortage. He was at 18 last night (20 is the cutoff for transfusions), but there's people on the floor here who are at 5, so naturally they get priority.

Also, I'm watching the weather channel while I type this, and it looks like I get to drive through a hurricane on the way home, so we have that going for us. They just reported Joplin had 85 mph winds.

That's all I know. We're just anxious to get home, spend some time with the kids & get some real rest. Greg can't wait to sleep in his own bed. I hereby declare tomorrow an official day of napping.

Thanks again to all. I can't say it enough. It means the world to us!

Love,

Greg & Ann

5 comments:

Judy said...

Be careful driving!

Glad to hear you get an official day of napping, you DERSERVE it.

Hogs & Fishes,
Prayers Always,

Us

Anonymous said...

glad to finally hear some good news!!! enjoy your naps!!! :)~
We're still praying for you guys!
- Rebecca/Sam/Gaby/Sheridyn/Trinity

Andy said...

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Joan & Ivan said...

Guys, I left a message but don't know if it went through. Bottom line, we think about you daily and send our love.
Joan & Ivan

Tammy said...

Hi guys.
Hope you were able to get a little sleep this weekend.
Anne hope your Mothers Day was a good one - you deserve it.
If time allows give me a quick call during the week about the schedule when Greg is in the hospital. Tom and I are looking at June 6 -13. Unfortuneately with Alaina's graduation ceremony on the 31st and college registration the 14 & 15 of June, this is really the only time we're available but we want to help out. I'm going to put the week in at work until I hear back from you!
Take care all - you're always in our thoughts!