Sunday, August 16, 2009

FREE!!!


From Greg:


It took 10 weeks but I'm finally home. I was checked in as the green flag was dropped at the Indy 500 on Memorial Day and fully expected to be in St. Louis until the end of the Jerry Lewis Telethon (almost made it!). I am weak, tired, and a little unsteady -- but I am now also a European woman. (I guess that explains the water retention). So, while there's still some recovery left, everything seems to be going fine. Both the GVHD (expected and necessary) and the CMV (dangerous and deadly) are under control. The CMV should be gone after my last dose of meds on Tuesday. Its now just a matter of recovery (and a bushel basket of meds). But I'm alive I'm happy and I'm home with my family. Thank you to all for your support.
Love,

Greg

P.S. Watch this site over the next few days for an important announcement regarding a welcome home bash.

5 comments:

Francis said...

Home sweet home! Just in time for all the NFL and NCAA actions. Greg, I bet by now you are more captivated to Helen Reddy’s rousing anthem of “I am woman…” Take care and we will talk to you soon.

Wow, can you beleive that the Verification Word for this entry is "jolli"? To me it is the same as "jolly" and yes, we are!

Judy said...

Niiiiiiiiice basket, looks like you brought enough for everybody at least!

You know we are VERY happy to have you home, but are you really happy to be home with YOUR family? We know those people....

You've regained your girlish figure but the question now is, can you make a good knoedelach?

Pam said...

Hooray for you Greg! I'll be calling down there this week to see if there is anything in particular you have an appetite for!

Pam

Funny..the word verification down below that I have to type in is appigman...I hope that's a sign that you are HUNGRY!

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad to see that you are home and doing well..I got this blog from Katie so I could keep up with your condition.Hope to see you soon! Take care
Addie Douglas

Andy said...

That's a great picture! Just think how popular you'd be if you were still in H.S...........

My verification word is "Ungones". Hmmmmm