Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Blog is Up & Running!

Hi everyone!
I'm starting this blog to help keep everyone up to date during Greg's transplant. I figure its the best way for all of us to communicate, and to send Greg good wishes during his treatment and hospital stay. Anyone can read this anytime they want. Its not restricted, so feel free to pass the web address on to anyone you think will be interested. The best part is, that anyone can send comments, and we all can read them (so, I guess that means no potato salad jokes). I'm not going to post daily until the transplant stuff gets into full swing (probably end of May -- beginning of June, but more on that later). I just wanted to get this up & running, although its been remarkably easy, so far. For now, I'll post when things happen, so keep checking back from time to time. I can also post pictures, so you'll get to see things like the pre-transplant haircut, the hovel -- I mean duplex -- I've rented in St. Louis, etc. I'm not sure if you guys can post pics in your comments. If anyone can figure that out, let the rest of us know (Lauren!). That would really be cool. I'll have my laptop in St. Louis, & Greg will be able to see everyone's comments daily.

In the next few days, I'll post the schedule as we understand it now. This is from our last Dr. appt. in St.L., although the nurse said we wouldn't get a "firm" schedule until the first week or two in May. The big date to remember is June 9 -- that's the target date for admission, although Greg has to be in St. L for about 2 weeks prior to that, as he will be susceptible to infection.

As I said, I just wanted to get started. We really appreciate everyone's love, prayers and support during this time. We can't thank you enough!
More later!

Love,

Greg, Ann, Eric & Matthew

2 comments:

Mark said...

What, no pictures?!?!?!?!?!?

Andy said...

Ok, at least I figured out how to "comment". I guess I should take this time to say good luck and our prayers are with you......

andy